Sunday, March 20, 2011

my language learner identity

i am come from a small town in China. when i was in high school in China, i didn't seriously to leran english.
i have been in America for 3years. but my English still is so bad. learning new vocabularies at class times. forgetting these out of class time, i am in the vicious circle.
English is my second language. I'm only learning this language, but not as good as my goal. when i read a book, i perfer using chinese. i know that's unhelpful  for learning english, but i just can't. maybe it's my habit.
i really hate reading in english but i have to do. God. help me!!! 
i don't care what social networks.
i feel writing english that is more focusing in formats. i can't use literatures in my level, despite i konw some of them.
if i can, i will use chinese to write academic things. including essays, lab reports, business documents. i felt more ability in my language. maybe i should learn and remember more vocabularies.
About my language, i can use one idiom to describe many things, many feelings. and there are many humorous words i understand. also, there are not many grammars.

8 comments:

  1. i hate reading too......i always frigt with myself before i start reading.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Xiang Dan,

    To learn more vocabulary, you have to really read a lot. But it is good if you also read in your first language, too, so you keep that one up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that what you wrote.I seem to see my shadow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely to practice English when I got home.
    I think, We should also strive to learn English.
    ~~fighting ~~!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Chinese people came to U.S and to study Enhlish is very hard, but when we spend a lot of time to learning English , i think we will speak well English in here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. read more books and say more english

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your response. It is always comfortable to use own our languages. Japanese have some Chinese charactoers and it's very hard to learne because there are many complicated characters. It seems more difficult than English. Anyway, you'll master English if you read a book in English as you like to read a book in your language!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what ever you cant use in english now, you will learn it soon! we are here to learn so just keep
    considerat in class and you will learn new everyday:]

    ReplyDelete